Sign Up to Play in the MAK Games Tennis Tournament
MAK Games is a benefit tournament that combines tennis, architecture, art, cocktails, canapés, and a fabulous party on July 21, 2018 at the incomparable Sheats-Goldstein House and tennis court.
Here is what you need to know:
The tournament was played exclusively with doubles teams.
The qualifying tournament began in June. The four most successful teams played the semi-final and final matches on July 21, 2018.
In order to participate, each team raised a minimum registration fee of $400. You can self-sponsor, or get your friends and colleagues to sponsor you.
The deadline for online team registration was Friday, June 22.
Tournament Rules and Parameters:
- In order to be entered into the draw, each team must raise a minimum of $400 as a registration fee. You can self-sponsor, or get your friends and colleagues to sponsor you on Indiegogo. All contributions are tax-deductable to the extent of the law. Special prizes go to the team with the highest sponsorship level.
- A doubles team can consist of any two nonprofessional players.
- The deadline for team registration is June 18. All team information, including photos and bios, should be submitted by this date.
- The draw and the schedule of rounds will be announced on June 22.
- Each match in the qualifying rounds will be scheduled by players at a mutually agreed upon time and place, within the given timeframe of that round. One week will be given for each round to be completed.
- Scheduling Note: Once both teams have confirmed a match date/time, and location, changes may only occur if both teams agree to the change. Otherwise, the team requesting the change will have to play the match as scheduled, or default the match.
- The format for each match will be 2 out of 3 sets, regular USTA scoring.
- After each match, the winning team reports the score via e-mail to the Tournament Director and then receives their next opponents.
- The 2 Semi-final matches will be played on Saturday, July 21, before the public event begins.
- The final championship match will be played as the starting game of the public event.